[999nhs] THIS IS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you ready?

Joanna Adams 999callfornhs at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 16:18:04 GMT 2014

Dear Marcher

Well with only hours to go we wanted to send you an email on behalf of the
people's march for the NHS team.

We tweeted the idea of a march at the start of this year. Since the first
tweet we have genuinely been overwhelmed with the offers of help and
support from ordinary folk just like you.

That's what makes the NHS special. People care and are willing to fight for
it. No longer can we sit back and allow the government continue their
attacks on and do nothing. We think that's what they have been banking
on. That Jo public will do nothing to question or challenge them whilst the
NHS is being sold off. Well thousands of folk are standing together and
that is all that matters.

The organisers of the march are doing the utmost to ensure a smooth running
of the march but no doubt snags will happen it won't all be plain sailing.
But then saving the NHS is a mammoth task.

All information on the march, detail routes and overall updates will be
provided on our website 999callfornhs.org.uk set it up in your favourites
or add the website to your home screen. Just keep checking details, what is
happening as the People's march for the NHS leaves Jarrow Saturday 16th
August and moves down the country.

Following in the historic footsteps of the original Jarrow Crusade of a
cold October 1936 morning we will replicate the crusade tomorrow. Our
resolve will be just as strong as October 1936. We hope our spirit, our
focus to keep our NHS guides us as we the ordinary folk march from Jarrow.
We will march through 23 towns and cities, 300 miles and in 3 weeks we
arrive as the Jarrow Crusade did 78 years ago into London on Saturday 6th
September.

What might happen over the next weeks is unknown but what we do know is the
journey is set, the maps are worked out, the routes are agreed and now the
special ingredient needed is you; the ordinary folk that care. We need you,
your friends, your family, your work colleagues your local community to
create the spirit and resilience of the 1936 Jarrow marchers.

We are just a group of local mums from Darlington. We do, just like you,
want to be able to look our children and their children, hopefully and say
you know they once tried to get rid of the NHS and we fought back with all
our might.

In a time when social media, life challenges, caring responsibilities, work
life balance takes over,  people have paused, stopped and answered the 999
call for the NHS. Thank you for answering. Thank you for joining the
people's march for the NHS and thank you for having the faith to fight for
the NHS. We are stronger together.

We are starting the march, yes it's symbolic, people care that's why
thousands have registered. We have prepared a marchers brief which is
attached, please read the brief provides important information. Please be
patient whilst information is updated on our website. We are unlikely to
email you once the march starts as we are mostly going to be on the march.

The people's march for the NHS has got bigger than we expected and the
running costs have just stacked up so if you can support the running cost
in anyway either through a donation or perhaps buy the people's march for
the T Shirt please do. You can buy a t shirt on line via our website
999callfornhs.org.uk

We aim to have some t shirts available to buy at the start of each leg but
we can't guarantee this as we don't have the resources or money to buy bulk
orders up front.

Please note all our people's march for the NHS co ordinator's are
volunteers and they have done an amazing job checking the routes, walking
the routes, clearing the routes and then getting the routes marked up on
the map and posting them in the website. We have many rallies planned
across the route so please when you see the co-ordinator's on the march
please do give them a huge round of applause.

We look forward to meeting you all, we still say join us for a mile or two,
march a leg or march the full 300 miles. Let's make the next three weeks
about the NHS and we are keen to hear of your motivation. Why you are
joining the march? Has your local NHS services been downgraded, cut or
closed down? We want to provide a log of all the cuts to the NHS on route
so we need you to email us and let us know so we can make a note, take a
reference, collect a petition, collect details so we can present them to
the government who continue to say the NHS is protected!

Email us details at 999callfornhs at gmail.com

*The NHS is owned by us, used by us, loved by us and can only be saved by
us that's our 999 Call for the NHS motto. *So if you read it anywhere just
think they are responding to the 999 call for the NHS and we needs millions
to do that - hope you are fit, hope you have dusted your walking shoes,
hope you have adjusted your fighting spirit now let's just go on with it!

>From the Darlington Mums

*Joanna Adams, Rehana Azam, Joanne Lande, Catherine McArdle, Emma Tyers.*
Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Joanna Adams

*​9​99 Call for the NHS*