[999nhs-coordinators] COORDINATORS TASKS - IMPORTANT PLEASE READ!

Emma Tyers emma_tyers at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 26 08:02:32 GMT 2014

Hi All -

Sending this via email for anyone who doesn’t have access to the Facbook group (you can request access here https://www.facebook.com/groups/460369490732190/)
You're all working so hard on this, there's great energy here! If I haven't seen anything from you this week, I will drop you a line at some point in the next few days just to make sure you haven't run away .
By now you should have your route worked out, and be discussing it with police, councils and SAGs (everywhere seems to work slightly differently, but starting with the police is the best option). If you're having trouble with your route, let me know ASAP. Remember that our deadline is 7th July to have the routes signed off, and that's NINE DAYS away. A few of the marchers have been asking about footpaths and things already, and we're talking techie later today about how we will be sharing the routes on our website. If you can keep the spready up to date (link below) that would help us hugely.
You also need to be thinking about lunch, loos, and water topups etc. I am going to put together a template for this that you can fill in, which I will aim to send you next week. That can act as a checklist for you so you're sure you have all of the details covered. We can also look to give it out to the marchers on the day.
If you haven't already, please get in touch and have a chat with the organisers for the legs before and after yours, to talk through what you've done so far. You need to make sure you're clear on which of you is doing what. Because they will have local knowledge and contacts too, they might also have some ideas for you.
If the route "sign off" is progressing OK, and you are starting to think about other stuff you need to do, here are your next priorities:
1. Accommodation - you're responsible for putting up the 300 mile marchers for the night before your leg of the walk. So, if you're the Legoland coordinator for the 20th, then you're responsible for...
- organising the walk from Legoland to Disneyland for the 20th
- arranging accommodation for about 50 marchers in Legoland for the 19th
2. Rally - rallies are held after the marchers arrive in your town. So if you're the Legoland organiser above, you need to organise a rally in Legoland for the 19th, at about 5:30 ish. You'll need a PA and 3-4 speakers, who are cross-party. We have speaker notes we can give so everyone has the background of why we are doing this. The deadline for letting me know time and location for the rally is 14th July.
Any questions, please get in touch!
Emma x
emma_tyers at yahoo.co.uk
07814 194765