[999nhs-coordinators] COORDINATORS TASKS

Emma Tyers emma_tyers at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jul 1 15:20:22 GMT 2014

Hi all!

Hope everything is going OK. As usual, I will be contacting you all at on Thurs/Fri if I haven't heard from you for a while. Here's what to think about over the next few days.

A. Our route signoff deadline is 7th July. If you're worried you're not going to hit this, please let me know now. I promise not to be cross . As a guide, if you haven't contacted all your councils and police forces, then you may well not make that date, as they take time to turn it around. Some SAGs, if you have one, only sit once every few weeks. Here's what we mean by sign off:
1. Any non-pavemented parts of the route have been dealt with. Contact the Core 999 team if you need help.
2. Police, SAG, Council are aware of your route, and you have discussed any concerns with them.
3. You have spoken to the coordinators for the leg before and after yours to confirm details. You need to make sure you're clear on which of you is doing what. Because they will have local knowledge and contacts too, they might also have some ideas for you.
If you are struggling with links in Google Maps, I have done a little guide for you, which is attached, and linked here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/460369490732190/474705705965235/

B. If the route signoff is progressing OK, and you are starting to think about other stuff you need to do, here are your next priorities:
1. Accommodation - you're responsible for putting up the 300 mile marchers for the night before your leg of the walk. So, if you're the Legoland coordinator for the 20th, then you're responsible for...
- organising the walk from Legoland to Disneyland for the 20th
- arranging accommodation for about 50 marchers in Legoland for the 19th
2. Rally - rallies are held after the marchers arrive in your town. So if you're the Legoland organiser above, you should organise a rally in Legoland for the 19th, at about 5:30 ish. There is a new sheet in the coordinator spread where you can start to fill in rally details. Please take a look and put a Y / N on whether one is being held (we don't have to have rallies everywhere, in fact it may be a relief to have a quiet night occasionally), and who is covering public liability insurance (important, this! we need to know how many rallies 999 need to cover - some will be covered by another organisation e.g. PA, union).

C. June has all been about getting the route sorted out. In July, we can start ramping up on publicity. For this, we need two things from you all please:
1. For the press - send an email to Musgrove33 at Googlemail.com with your name and route in the subject box. In the body of the mail, give your age, town, job, number of kids and a quote about why you're leading the march in your area, what's important about the NHS and a message to your local people about why they should sign up! Please also state whether you would be comfortable speaking on the radio.
2. We are going to have little head shots and contact details for each of us on our website/Facebook groups to personalise each leg of the rally with a friendly local face. Please be prepared to provide a photo, and also to set up a dummy email account just for 999 marchers to contact you, which you can close down after the event. Keep your personal email private, and stalker-free folks .
Well done for reading this far. I can tell you that while you're working away on the ground, the campaign is going crazy. We have all sorts of people contacting us wanting to be involved now, it's really exciting. With your help, this is going to be huge. I can't tell you how much we appreciate what you're doing to make it happen.

Emma x
emma_tyers at yahoo.co.uk
07814 194765
Spready - KEEP IT UP TO DATE!: