[Bins] bins 1.1.20 + perl 5.8.0 wonkiness

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Fri Feb 21 14:43:37 GMT 2003

Ironic, not 30 minutes after I fire off a message to our intrepid
maintainer I see a new mailing list pop up.  So here goes again.

[pizza at heatwave pizza]$ bins
parameterless "use IO" deprecated at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/HTML/Clean.pm line 4

BINS Photo Album 1.1.20 (http://bins.sautret.org/)
Copyright © 2001,2002 Jérôme Sautret (Jerome at Sautret.org)
Some parts of code:
Copyright © 2000 Brendan McMahan (mcmahahb at whitman.edu)
Copyright ©      John Moose (moosejc at muohio.edu)

This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
See COPYING file for details.

Assertion flags == 0 failed: file "Storable.xs", line 2336 at
/usr/local/bin/bins line 4043.
[pizza at heatwave pizza]$

And at this point, bins dies.  line 4043 is:
      my %configHash = %{ dclone($currentConfigHash) };

This is the output of bins when running the debugger..

Assertion flags == 0 failed: file "Storable.xs", line 2336 at
/usr/local/bin/bins line 4043.

main::getConfigXML('XML::Grove::Document=HASH(0x8b65418)','/bins','HASH(0x896eb68)')
called at /usr/local/bin/bins line 4252
        main::readConfigFile('HASH(0x87fd40c)') called at
/usr/local/bin/bins line 1030
        main::main() called at /usr/local/bin/bins line 832

And this happens as soon as it tries to open up the config file. This
happens even with the stock config file.

I'm using the Storable.pm that comes with perl 5.8.0, but I've also
tried the latest CPAN revision, with the same problem.  Similarly,
XML::Grove is the current CPAN release, 0.46alpha.

It's blowing up well within the guts of Storable -- compiled code, in
fact.    I had bins running on this machine before the OS overhaul, so
I'm fairly sure everything else is satisfied.

In the short run, I'm doing everything on another machine, but it's a
mild pain to keep rsyncing back and forth.  :)

Any ideas?

 - Pizza
--
Solomon Peachy                                   pizza at f*cktheusers.org
                                                           ICQ #1318444